Macbook and bbc iplayer.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by alanswalker, Jan 28, 2008.

1. alanswalker macrumors member

Is anyone having problems with iplayer on their mac. It works fine on my old pc laptop but is very intermittent with my new macbook, loading problems, video box freezine etc.

I have installed flip4mac, perian, latest adobe(link from iplayer website) and media player for mac 6.

Any ideas.

2. samh004 macrumors 68020

samh004

I was under the impression that it wasn't mac-compatible, but they were working on a new version to be released later this year that would be.

3. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

The streaming version is just Flash, so long as you have Flash Player I thought it should work, not matter what platform.

4. samh004 macrumors 68020

samh004

Oh yes, just read Wikipedia, however Flash isn't without it's problems, I have problems playing flash videos from other news services all the time.

5. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

I have an MB and I watch videos on the BBC iPlayer everyday no problems. A couple of times it has stalled due to the number of people using the same internet connection in my house.

6. sunfast macrumors 68020

sunfast

iPlayer streams fine for me but I don;t use it very much. I really hope we get downloadable shows eventually, I'm more likely to watch them then

7. lauriechelt macrumors member

No, i think that was channel four's player 4OD...

BBC iplayer works absolutely fine with my macbook...the quality's not perfect but i rarely get any significant stalling while i'm watching either!!!

8. alanswalker thread starter macrumors member

thanks for the response.

I seems to be working in my house fine but the network at work now looks like its the problem!

9. jaded-mandarin macrumors regular

Mac users can stream content from BBC iPlayer. But the DRM applications the BBC uses for it's iPlayer is, at the moment only compatible with Windows XP and Vista, thus preventing Mac users from downloading content onto their hard drive.

The BBC do acknowledge this and are working on ways around it. They say to keep checking back for updates.