Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

poblack

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 11, 2007
I plan on getting the new macbook and using it with an external monitor (22"). Can the macbook be closed and still work with the monitor? My wife said the notebook had to be open in order for me to view the computer on my monitor. Please help.

yoppie

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2007
The MacBook can be closed while using an external display. I'm using my MacBook that way right now.

illegallydead

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2007
Colorado!!!
Ya I can confirm that. No guaruntees for what the new MB will do (or what freaking port it will have :rolleyes:), but the current ones for sure let you run with the lid down. I don't think it is as good for the heat management, mine did tend to run a bit hotter when I had it hooked to my HDTV using as a primary monitor a few months ago...

iknowyourider

macrumors 6502a
Mar 26, 2008
onanorthboundtrain
I think it is hip to use the MB closed but I love using mine open. I have the MB on a stand to bring the display up close to even with my 22" acer. I open big windows and video in the 22" and have the MB display for basic desktop stuff.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.