Macbook and Lexmark printer Help!!!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by hammipoop, May 29, 2011.

1. hammipoop macrumors newbie

Ok... first of all i apologize for my lack of computer knowledge.

I have a macbook running leopard 10.5 and a lexmark Z1520 printer.

I know the printer if fairly old but at £30 in a clearance sale it was perfect for the small amount of home printing I do.

I initially experienced installation problems from the CD, whereby the computer went through all the necessary installation, but I would then get communication problems when trying to print. I went into my local apple shop where by some sort of miracle the software from the lexmark website seemed to fix the problem! Brought the printer home, happy days! (assuming drivers were responsible)

2 Months on my mum had a move around in the house and wanted me to relocate the printer, in doing so, some how my problem returned. I have tried and tried to fix it with no avail.

Im literally at the point now where the software from the lexmark website wont even initiate the wireless setup assistant and "unexpectedly quits" constantly, even the uninstaller quits!

I ideally wanted to have the printer working wirelessly, but printing by USB would be a privilege!

2. hammipoop thread starter macrumors newbie

ok slight update, ive tried an older version of the software and i get pretty much most the may through installation, it "see's" the printer and tries to connect but i get, "printer cannot be added to list, please run application"

3. hammipoop thread starter macrumors newbie