Macbook and Macbook pro exteranl monitor resolution

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Mr.Texor, Nov 3, 2007.

1. Mr.Texor macrumors regular

I've been looking like crazy everywhere and I cant find an answer for my question...

does anyone know what's the max resolutions for the macbook and macbook pro are when using an external monitor?

thanks

2. TheStu macrumors 65816

The MacBook can drive a display up to 1920*1200 in resolution, usually you will find monitors in the 23-27" size with this resolution

The MacBook Pro can drive a display up to 2560*1600 in resolution, usually only found on monitors 30" in size. Furthermore, this size display requires a dual link DVI connection in order to get that resolution, which the MacBook Pro has.

3. Mr.Texor thread starter macrumors regular

thanks.. I have some extra money burning my pockets and I'm trying to figure out which lappy to buy.. Also buying a samsung 2280hd to go with my xbox 360, pc, and new lappy

yay..

4. TheStu macrumors 65816

If you are willing to do without the built in Tuner, then I would suggest the Dell 2407FPW-HC. IIRC it is around the same price, but is 2" larger and has a higher resolution. It also has most all the same connections as the Samsung as well.

Ignore that^
    The sale is over, and it is about $200 more than the Samsung.