Macbook and Macbook Pro Temps.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Helios91, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Helios91 macrumors newbie

I need an upgrade and would like a laptop, and I was looking at the macbook (pro) and I was curious about how hot both of the computers run from people's own experience.

Also, while I'm posting, is the extra 3 year applecare worth it for $350 (Macbook Pro) or $250 (Macbook).

2. scienide09 macrumors 65816

scienide09

Both the MBs and the MBPs are known to run pretty warm, but within operating limits. It all depends on what your system is doing at the time.

As for AppleCare, my opinion is that it's a must on all portables. The piece of mind is worth it. If you still aren't sure, keep in mind that you have one year to purchase and activate the warranty from the original purchase date of your new Mac.

3. EB66 macrumors 6502

my cpu runs at around 115 F during normal use and my bottom case temp is 90 F right now, I have been on the web, adium, and listening to music for about 30 min now.

4. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

AppleCare only covers things apple caused. A dropped computer is not covered, nor are spills.

I would recommend purchasing applecare after-market - you save in the neighbourhood of $60.

5. weckart macrumors 68040

My Macbook runs about 10〬C hotter than my Macbook Pro on average. Smaller confines, half the fans, much the same hardware inside = toasty.