MacBook and MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by o98eclipse, Jul 17, 2007.

  1. o98eclipse macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 28, 2007
    Location:
    DOWNTOWN, SAN DIEGO
    #1
    I'm sure this has been covered many times so I do apologize for possibly asking the same questions...

    I would appreciate the feedback on the following questions:

    1. Should I even invest in a MB or MBP right now or should I wait until Leopard is released on them?

    2. When was the last update on these products?

    3. MB or MBP? I already have a 20" iMac when they first changed to the newest enclosure, i.e. no camera, front row, etc. Keep in mind I think I only want the MBP because of the color, I don't need the performance. I used to have the old PB 15" titanium

    4. If you recommend MB, which color?

    Any suggestions? Thanks!
     
  2. L3X macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Oct 18, 2006
    Location:
    Chesapeake, VA
    #2
    1. If you need a laptop, get one now. Otherwise MBs could be updated in the fall. MBPs were just updated recently.

    2. For updates refer to the buyer's guide http://buyersguide.macrumors.com

    3. If you have the money, get the MBP, it will be better for longer. If you just want something portable and cheaper, go for the MB.

    4. I like the BlackBook, but the white is nice too.
     
  3. o98eclipse thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 28, 2007
    Location:
    DOWNTOWN, SAN DIEGO
    #3
    So i take it if I don't need the laptop now i should wait until leopard comes out?
     
  4. Sounds Good macrumors 68000

    Joined:
    Jul 8, 2007
    #4
    If you don't need a laptop now... why would you buy one now? :confused:
     
  5. ImperialX macrumors 65816

    ImperialX

    Joined:
    Jul 17, 2007
    Location:
    Tokyo, Japan
    #5
    Exactly. I'm waiting patiently for Leopard before getting my MBP...don't get me wrong. I'm DYING to toss out my Compaq Presario for ages now. However I still think waiting is worth it for the sake of Leopard.
     
  6. Tumeg101 macrumors 6502a

    Tumeg101

    Joined:
    Jun 30, 2007
    Location:
    Orange County, California
    #6
    1. I would wait,

    2. I don't know the exact date, but MacRumros buyers guide suggests that they will be updated again in 180 days,

    3. MBP for sure,

    4. Get the MBP, but if you decide on an MB, get White
     
  7. CalBoy macrumors 604

    CalBoy

    Joined:
    May 21, 2007
    #7
    1. If you're not a student, then wait for Leopard, esspecially since you have a computer that's working.

    2. Buyer's Guide is good, but generally speaking, both were recent updates.

    3. Depending on your budget and the like, but I would go macbook pro. They're just so much better:D

    4. Black. No question. Look at them in person. If I couldn't have a mbp, I would take a black macbook after that.
     

Share This Page