Macbook and Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Udinpetot, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Udinpetot macrumors member

so..
    i kinda need some advise...
    i got too tired of waiting for the new mpb..., and i was thinkin to get the blackbook since i love black..
    i came up with a conclusion that $1000 (2.4 Ghz 15")difference will get you
    -1 extra firewire 800
    -1 extra express card slot
    -NVIDIA geforce 8600 GT with 256 MB of GDDR3 SDRAM
    -abit more pixels
    -200 mhz extra
    -illuminated keyboard
    -extra 2 inch
    -prestige

and "relatively longer time before update"

i dont use firewire, express slot, and 200 mhz doesnt really differ.
    so is it worth to get the 15" MPB over blackbook?, and i want to know the difference in graphics between those two.., can you tell the in terms of WoW?

cheers

2. GfulDedFan macrumors 65816

GfulDedFan

The video is 144 MB (shared) on the MB which might limit your usage in graphically intense projects or gaming. This will depend on your activities that you haven't disclosed.

Another factor to consider is you can upgrade the hard drive yourself on the MB without voiding the warranty where as the MBP must be done by Apple.

Then there's the size and weight difference if you are mobile and interested about being smaller/lighter.

I've enjoyed my MB (home & work) where as my son loves his MBP (computer engineering student) - to each his own. -GDF

3. djinn macrumors 68000

djinn

From what I have read on the forums, until Intel releases the drivers for the T&L gaming will not very good on the Macbook. Depending on how much gaming or graphic intense applications is how that will decide which MAC is best for you.

The Core2Duo will see 3gig (3072MB) Ram out of 4gig.

4. Csmitte macrumors 6502

Csmitte

I have not met an apple rep yet that will do a HD swap for a decent price
    You can do it but if apple finds out you've had a hardware malfunction to to the upgraded HD the wont cover the repair. It does not void your warranty. but i guess if you screw up it does.:D

5. LeftoverCrack macrumors member

As for WoW, it depends on how you see good. I play wow on my pre-SR white Macbook 2ghz and 1gb ram, with the GMA 950 graphics card. I find it works quite well. Decent settings, runs smoothly. I get usually 30fps on normal playing, sometimes it dips lower in instances and such.

You'll be getting a GMA X3100, a much better graphics card than mine. Also with the blackbook it can take upto 4gb of ram.
    For your purpose I think the blackbook will be a much better use of your money.

However on the MacbookPro, you would get pretty flawless gameplay. It all depends on what you're looking for.

6. Udinpetot thread starter macrumors member

hahahha icicicic
    well then thax alot for ur opinion
    i guess.., will wait till next tues....
    if mbp didnt come out..
    blackbook here i come :)

7. Batt macrumors 65816

Batt

Well, if you go for the 2.2 MBP, it's only a $500 difference, and if you go for a refurbed 2.2 MBP. it's only a $300 difference. Bigger screen, seperate graphics card, backlit KB, FW800, etc.

8. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I recently got the base MBP. For me the main draw was the larger screen.

9. Udinpetot thread starter macrumors member

ok guys.., one last question....
    this question is for those people who wanted to buy MBP initially but get MB in the end due to some reason (money etc) or visa verca (MB initialy but gotten MPB)
    do u guys ever have any regret?
    i just need some convincing coz if no new mpb update next tues, ill go for blackbook :)