Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jcandrada

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 11, 2008
Paraguay
I'm going to buy a new MacBook, and as a far as I know, buying more RAM from Apple is not a good alternative... What are the best places to buy RAM online for the MacBook??

balk

macrumors member
Mar 5, 2008
Welcome to MR

You'll find answers to this and many other commonly asked questions under the Guides tab at the top

Guides : Hardware: MR Guide to Buying RAM

Guides : Hardware: MR Guide to Understanding Intel Mac RAM

In general, it's recommended to have a Search in the forums and.or a look at the Guides before posting a new question.

Plus, do you need more RAM? For average usage, 2GB is more than sufficient. Are you planning to use memory intensive programs?

jcandrada

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 11, 2008
Paraguay
Plus, do you need more RAM? For average usage, 2GB is more than sufficient. Are you planning to use memory intensive programs?

I usually use many (and many!) applications at the same time. I've been a mac user for more than 20 years (Apple Plus, LCII, Performa 3600CD, Powerbook 3400c, iBook G3, iMac G4, iMac Core Duo, 2 MacBooks) and I know that RAM DOES make a difference. By the way, all my Macs are still running without problems (except the iMac Core Duo that have GPU problems), even the Apple Plus! It's like a little nice mac museum.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.