Macbook and Sony w810i

EndSession

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 17, 2006
I was thinking of buying a Sony w810i to replace my crapped out v220.

I was just wondering if anyone else out there has experience with using OS X and transfering music onto the phone for use with the mp3 player. I know it comes with PC software, but does the Mac equivalent ship with it?

Thanks in Advance.

apfhex

macrumors 68030
Aug 8, 2006
Northern California
SE doesn't offer Mac synching software, but it's not necessary. Just plug the phone in VIA USB, or turn on bluetooth, or stick the Memory Stick Pro Duo into a card reader and transfer files. You can also use software like iTunesMyWalkman or SyncTunes to perform a more iPod-like synchronization of your music from iTunes.

p.s. you'll love the W810i. :)

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
I've got one of these phones... never use the MP3 playback because the phone doesn't have a standard headphone jack so I can't use my Shures.

However, I would have thought you could use drag and drop from iTunes... also, the OS 10.4.7 (Tiger) update includes updates to iSync for easy Address Book and iCal integration

Ryan1524

macrumors 68000
Apr 9, 2003
Canada GTA
The headset that comes with the W810i is not a proprietary set, the Multi-port connects to a remote and microphone button, which has a standard audio jack at the end of it. I'm using that with my Shures. :)

dubels

macrumors 6502
Aug 9, 2006
Look at the bluetooth seetings you mac might be already set up for w810i. My macbook is already set up for my w810 which is about to arrive.