Macbook and steam

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Gtek500, Jun 29, 2009.

1. Gtek500 macrumors newbie

I have a macbook black with a 2.4GHz intel 2gb ram 667MHz GMAX3100

Will it run with Steam and CSS? I have Steam and never used it before so if I buy a game off of steam will it run? No bootcamp no parallel I used crossover for steam.

Would I have to use crossover to install it as well or is having steam enough?

Also does L4D work with it since it can run CSS and HL2?

2. waiwai macrumors regular

With your specs, you should be able to run the game, but gameplay will be sluggish due to the intel onboard. I run my steam on bootcamp and it works like a charm (see sig for my specs).

I don't think it works under parallel or crossover... but dont quote me on that one... If you dont want any problems... Bootcamp is the way to go.

3. Blair230 macrumors regular

It will run steam but you have to use crossover to run steam (as steam is a windows app). You can check the crossover website as there are instructions on getting steam to run on crossover.

I did a quick check of the crossover forums and it looks like SOME people have gotten it to run in a semi-playable form. There are some tweaks to do, but with enough patience you can get it to run. Check the crossover website though, and dont forget to check the L4D specs itself to see if your machine could even run it.