Macbook and Tomb Raider Anniversary

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by nick004, May 14, 2008.

1. nick004 macrumors regular

Hi!

Ok, this is the story. My girlfriend bought a new 2.4ghz MacBook last week. Damn, those things are sweet. Anyway, sometimes she play Tomb Raider Anniversary and it freezes. Done it twice now.

She's getting worried and even though I said its probably just a problem with the game's handling of her hardware, she wanted me to check out if I am right and that here MacBook is not fatally flawed. So am I on the right track?

Also, is there anyway I could some how force quit the game? Command + Shift + Q doesn't work.

2. Macjames macrumors 6502a

I believe she is correct, tomb raider anniversary is not designed for the intergrated graphics card of the macbook. Its the same on mine.

3. macdot macrumors 6502

Yeah, MacBooks aren't exactly gaming machines.

4. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

MacBooks are generally fine for gaming, though certainly not high-end graphics.

Command-Shift-Q isn't Force Quit, btw, that's the Log Out command. Try Command-Option-Escape. In most applications it will bring up the Force Quit window, but if it's a full-screen application (I'm assuming this game would be), it should quit it instantly. I occasionally have to hit it twice in some full-screen apps too, so keep that in mind.

jW