Macbook and VGA

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by metalgearmac, Jun 17, 2007.

1. metalgearmac macrumors member

I recently purchased a macbook and I want to connect it to my 26" samsung lcd. I am thinking about doing it using the mini dvi to vga adapter, but I am not sure of the results I will get. Will I be able to pass hd video through it? Or any better suggestions?

2. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

oh they dont give you one with it>>?<< they gave me one when i bought my mbp.. dvi>vga converter that is. just double check ur box.

the video should be pretty gd when u stream it accross the cable neways.

3. metalgearmac thread starter macrumors member

I dont have the pro just the macbook. So i should have no problem basically using my lcd as my monitor occasionally?

4. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

yea nah you would be fine. it just converts the quality down to vga. does ur monitor have a dvi connection, cauz that would be ideal. but if not you wont have any dramas with vga.

5. metalgearmac thread starter macrumors member

It does not have dvi but has hdmi. I have thought about getting the mini dvi to dvi adapter and then have a dvi to hdmi adapter, if there is such a thing.

6. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

http://www.auspcmarket.com.au/index...pcmarket.com.au/show_image_products.php?input[category_id]=420

http://www.auspcmarket.com.au/index...pcmarket.com.au/show_image_products.php?input[category_id]=420

one of those 2 would suit you perfectly. note they are australian dollars. but youd find them at your electric shop tho without doubt.

7. metalgearmac thread starter macrumors member

Cool thanks. I think I will go with the hdmi option. One more question I recently heard about dvi-d and dvd-i do I have to worry about any of those or does it matter?

8. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

uummm dvi-d is dual link monitor thingo, compared to dvi-i which is a single link. basically means the dual link is for much higher res and size and stuff.

i am not sure what your lcd screen will be, and macbooks only have support for dvi-i. so just make sure that ur lcd screen doesnt need dvd-d to run it, otherwise there might be a problem. im not entirely sure tho.