MacBook and WiFi

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by JonLF, Apr 20, 2008.

1. JonLF macrumors newbie

Apr 12, 2008
    My wife has a nice new (sort of) MacBook. Everything about it is great, except the wireless (and the casing which I had to have replaced).

The problem with the WiFi is this: the signal is constantly lost. I can sit on the couch next to her using my iBook G3 and there is not even a blip, but her signal will go from 100% to 0% to 50% and then back again.

This is the only computer in the house with this problem. As I said early, my G3 works fine as does my G4 eMac. Both the eMac and MacBook are running Tiger and all the wireless settings are identical.

I recently switched from a WRT54G to the Airport Express because the Linksys died, but I haven't noticed any change during the course of that time.

As a matter of trying to figure things out, I did switch the broadcast channel from 6 to Automatic, but it hasn't been long enough to tell if that has made any difference.

Has anyone else had this sort of problem? I would think it was an interference problem if any of the other computers were having issues, but they are all happy. Thoughts?
  2. ki2594 macrumors 6502a

Apr 12, 2008
    Carmel, IN.
    thats weird...ive never had to reconnect to my home network
  3. pagansoul macrumors 65816

Aug 10, 2006
    I have a blackbook 2.2 and have never lost a signal once connected and stationary.