MacBook and Windows 8.1

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by johnjordan1, Sep 20, 2015.

1. johnjordan1 macrumors newbie

I got this awesome MacBook 2015 Retina couple of weeks ago, and it was a nightmare to install windows 8.1 using BootCamp, but then things worked fine for a few days.

I noticed that intermittently, after I shutdown the Mac, using windows shutdown, at sometimes when I turn up the Mac, windows immediately crashes and is unable to load.

After a few times of crashing, windows goes into repair mode which take a few minutes to finish. The biggest problem with this is, for some reason, windows deletes all of the executable files that were installed or downloaded. For example, any software, games, applications, etc.. are still in the program files folder, but their executables are deleted, which is major problem..

Any suggestions, answers to why windows would crash in the first place?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

That doesn't sound right, I never had Windows delete executables unless I uninstall the app. Maybe you have some sort of malware.

I can't speak of the MacBook, but installing Windows on my MBP was a breeze - sorry that you're having so much issues.

3. SteveJUAE macrumors 68000

SteveJUAE

This sounds very odd, not sure why you had install problems in the 1st instance, this maybe the problem

Have you tried to upgrade to Win10

4. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

Sounds like your installation of 8.1 went wrong somewhere.
    It should have been straight forward and easy.
    You should get rid of your entire Bootcamp partition and start over with a clean install.
    If you have problems with that then post your specific problems to get some help.