Macbook applecare sell it or not?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mgsolidsnak3, Jan 21, 2008.

1. mgsolidsnak3 macrumors member

I own a 2.16 Macbook bought in June last year, I have also bought applecare, but never bothered using it (it is still sealed in the box).
    I have bought both under student discount, so applecare cost me only £60GBP. My macbook seems to be fine thus far, and if applecare doesn't cover accidental water spillage, which seems to be the only problem that could go wrong from my part, I was thinking of selling it through ebay.

What do you think?

2. heatmiser macrumors 68020

3. DOUGHNUT macrumors regular

just use the applecare (unless you are planning on selling your MacBook relatively soon). if anything goes wrong, the cost to repair it will easily exceed whatever you paid to purchase AppleCare in the first place. better safe than sorry. In fact, i've already used my AppleCare on my MBP 3x in the past 1.5 years. had to get my top case replaced, my CPU fan replaced and my keyboard replaced. Will also use the AppleCare soon to get my battery replaced.

4. mgsolidsnak3 thread starter macrumors member

I don't know, I just did not bother and maybe the excitement of buying something new, I put it aside and forgot about it.

5. mgsolidsnak3 thread starter macrumors member

Wow you sure did take your money back.

I have figured from my past experience in the last 15 years with various PCs, if nothing goes wrong in the first month or so, the PC will never have any problems. I don't know if I was lucky, but never had any problems with my PCs either desktops or laptops. Of course this is my first apple product, so I am not exactly expert is apple reliability.

I have also thought that if the harddisk fails(the only probable failure i can think of) I could replace it easily with the latest/greatest harddisk available at the time far less than applecare costs