MacBook attachments issues

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mikeneufeld, Jul 11, 2007.

1. mikeneufeld macrumors newbie

It seems as though, when attachments are sent thru microsoft word, or excel, people with pc's, are unable to open the attachment, at all. Some people can open the attachment if they save it to the desktop, and others cannot open it whatsoever. What could be the issue?.... It has only happened, since I reinstalled the system disc... The computer is only 1 year old, any thoughts, tips or advice for this mac rookie and his wife, who is 23 today?

2. Aniej macrumors 68000

Aniej

To answer your question, cold you clarify a point for me please. are you saying you are in word and through word you use its mail feature to send the document or are you trying to say you are in Apple Mail and trying to attach the word document from within Apple Mail? I will give it my best shot now to try and help you.

If it is the former method, then I would suggest that you simply forget about that feature and go to Apple Mail. Now if you follow this advice and begin to send attachments this way, the rest of this post answers both questions.

In apple mail, (1) select attachment through the new message window instead of dragging and dropping the document. I used to drag and drop and it can cause problems for windows users at times, especially when it is an image. (2) Then select windows friendly attachments. (3) Bombs away, send. Pretty simple 3 step process that I think should help.

Glad to have another :apple: convert, you're going to love what apple has produced for you.

3. mikeneufeld thread starter macrumors newbie

attachment issue

Hi, thanks for your reply. I actually use Hotmail on both Firefox and Safari browsers. I have never even heard of Microsoft Word Mail, or Apple Mail....... All I know is that I was once able to send attachments of Word and Excel documents through Hotmail.com, but now people cannot open it from their PC's. However, Mac users have no problem opening them. This does not help when everyone I work with uses a PC!