Macbook - Attempting repairs

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Flunkyturtle, Apr 13, 2012.

1. Flunkyturtle, Apr 13, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2012

Flunkyturtle macrumors 6502

So after a thread a few days ago my friend dropped round his Macbook which i've bought from him for a meagre 30 quid ;)

Couple of things need replacing see pics below,

I'm fine with replacing everything apart from one issue which i'm unsure how to tackle...

We originally thought the battery was dead so we bought a new one WALAH! it lives BUT the new battery is just slowly running down and isn't charging up again...

I've plugged the charger in and removed the battery and it will NOT turn on, i'm also not getting a light on the charger.

Suggestions? i know i can replace the charger, the MagSafe board or the Battery Connector
    Where should i start :) thanks!

[​IMG]
    By flunkyturtle at 2012-04-13

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. reubenroyapple macrumors newbie

Repairing

First of all, i would make sure that all the contacts are clean enough, and also the contacts on the actual charger are all there and are springy. IF you clean all contacts and it still dont work, try borrowing a charger from a friend for a few minutes. If this still dont work, open up the thing and check all the connections to the magsafe board/ logic board. Still dont work? i would replace the magsafe board, probably get them real cheap on eBaym