Macbook Audio Output - Headphone Jack problem

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by jkolenik, Jul 8, 2009.

1. jkolenik macrumors newbie

I was using my 13" White Macbook (Spring 07) all day today, listening to music on headphones while working. I brought my computer over to a friend's house and attempting to line out some audio from Garage Band to speakers through the headphone jack and suddenly all audio began to have skips & spaces every second or so. I can still the hear songs but they are constantly interrupted.

I tried Itunes & audio from the internet, and two different pairs of headphones I know work. Same problem every time. The strange thing is that the audio works perfectly out of the internal speakers. Has anyone had this same problem? I haven't seen anything on the web that was similar.

I tried the Q-Tip/Toothpick trick suggested on a bunch of other threads. But I don't think it's an issue of the computer not adjusting to the headphone setting. Also tried to resetting the battery, but that didn't work either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

2. Kat King123 macrumors regular

Kat King123

seems to be a problem with the headphone jack try going into utilities>audio midi setup>properties for>built in output and then make sure it looks like this:
    [​IMG]

3. jkolenik thread starter macrumors newbie

You absolutely rule!

That Audio-Midi setup trick totally works!

Kat King, you are a lifesaver! I was completely lost with this! I listen to/record music non stop all day!

I owe you a box of brownies!