Macbook audio problems!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by EvanChandler, Mar 6, 2011.

1. EvanChandler macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

So about two days ago my computer froze up while trying to change audio drivers in Garageband. Since then my audio will not work through headphones or the internal speakers. I've done some poking around on the Internet and it's not the red LED problem that a lot of people are having. I literally have no idea about how to fix this.

2. simsaladimbamba

3. EvanChandler thread starter macrumors newbie

By going to preferences > audio/MIDI > Sound Output/Input. Everything I'm using is the latest version.
    When I go to the Sound section of System Preferences it looks normal, it's set for internal speakers, built in output.

4. simsaladimbamba

I presume you have tried changing the audio drivers back to what they were in GB? Did GB freeze again during the operation?

And by "latest" version you obviously mean Mac OS X 10.6.6 and Garage Band '11?

5. EvanChandler thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I've tried to change the audio drivers back and tried resetting my PRAM. No it didn't freeze. I've had some trouble with my computer locking up recently.
    Yes 10.6.6 and Garageband '11.

6. EvanChandler thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, I just wiped my hard drive (after backing up of course) and reinstalled Snow Leopard. I'm still not getting any audio.
    Any ideas?

7. kappaknight macrumors 68000

kappaknight

8. EvanChandler thread starter macrumors newbie

Taking it to the apple store will be my last resort. I don't want it to get shipped off and I know they'll probably charge me out the butt to fix it.