MacBook Auto-Sleep?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by user1690, May 29, 2011.

1. user1690 macrumors regular

user1690

Hello guys!

I was just wondering, is there any app availible that can put my mac to sleep when the battery gets below 5%?

I'm asking because lately, when i see the 10% power remaining warning, i dont plug the power adapter in until its too late. (Or, i'll be downstairs and magsafe is upstairs and when theres like 1% remaining, i dont make it to the magsafe on time.)

Any help on this would be appreciated. (And yes i know, kind of a silly request.)

-Thanks! ;)

PS: I use my mac all the time so the sleep slider in power settings isnt an option.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

When your battery gets low enough, your Mac will automatically go into sleep mode. You don't need an app for that. Also, you can use Caffeine to temporarily override your Energy Saver settings, to keep your Mac awake. This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions:

3. -tWv- macrumors 68000

-tWv-

When the mac gets that low, it should go to sleep by itself to preserve the stuff you were working on before. Just plug it in and hit the power button and it should load up the previous state that it was in before it was low on power. This might take a minute or so, but it will load everything that you previously had running automatically.