Macbook backpack for college

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jarbake, Jul 23, 2007.

1. jarbake macrumors newbie

I need to get an inexpensive backback for my new MacBook for college. It needs to have room for some books and a bluetooth mouse. Any suggestions?

2. CrzyCanuck72 macrumors 6502a

think a sleeve (I have an In Case one) is better than a laptop-backpack, cause you can switch bags if you want. And they're less dorky :p

3. craigo424x macrumors member

I was looking at the Targus Groove backpack, I saw it on dealnews.com it was only $15 at compusa.com but then it went back up to $30. It's one of the the cheapest ones around and doesn't look bad at all. I saw it at best buy for $30 as well...still waiting to see if it goes back on sale.

Craig

4. polycat33 macrumors 6502

There are so many nice looking backpacks on the Apple site but the really cool/nice ones are like $100 or more!! Such a shame... but I'd rather spend a bit of money and have my laptop protected than go cheap and have something happen.

5. j26 macrumors 65832

j26

Seconded. I have Gimp sleeve that protects my Macbook, and it goes in any bag.

6. AceOfBass macrumors member

AceOfBass

Crumpler all the way man, they're a little bit more expensive, but TOTALLY worth it, the best quality bag I've ever used. I use the Dreadful Embarassment bag and it's HUGE! more space than a standard backback, but it doesn't look huge. you can't even tell if there's a laptop in it, less chance of it getting stolen :D Totally worth the little bit extra spent. www.crumplerbags.com check it out

7. klymr macrumors 65816

I'll third that. I have a Tucano neoprene sleeve for mine and I can shove it in whatever bag I want. I have my eye on a cheap messenger bag from Kohl's that isn't oversized and looks like it'd fit my 17" nicely. Them's my thoughts.

8. MaddieBrad macrumors regular

MaddieBrad

I like my booqbag. They are high end... so not cheap. But they are very high quality. check em out.

http://booqbags.com/

b

9. Jack Flash macrumors 65816

Can anyone here recommend the OGIO Metroid backpack? I've been looking into it and am wondering if anyone has any experience with it.

10. timeslip macrumors member

I had strongly considered getting the Booq, but since North Face stores are more accessible for me, and the customer service/warranty on it is fantastic. i was pretty much told that I have a lifetime warranty, and if anything happens, I can bring it back to the store (with receipt) and exchange for another one or have them send it to the factory for repairs.

North Face Surge!