MacBook Bag (and specs)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by pederg, Apr 16, 2007.

1. pederg macrumors member

Hi,
    im getting myself a new c2d macbook in the next couple of days but was looking for a cool bag to go with it. Not just a sleeve, but some sort of fashionable bag to accesorice my MB and i couldnt find one. If anyone has any advice that would be great. and just on the side, is 2 gigs of ram on the high end white MB enough to do video and web editing?
    Thanks,

Peder

2. jotadeo macrumors regular

Yeah, me too...

Since "spring 2007" has turned out to mean spring 2007 in the Southern Hemisphere, I'm buying a MBP now! And I will be getting a bag, too, but it'll be a backpack. So, if anyone can add any pertinent info regarding backpacks that will be decent at protecting the machine, comfortable, somewhat stylish and not too pricey, please chime in!

Thanks!!!
    jdo

3. Manic Mouse macrumors 6502a

Manic Mouse

I'm buying a MacBook as soon as Santa-Rosa equipped ones come out and I've been looking around for backpacks. I think this one looks pretty good: Incase Sling Pack, although I'm also getting an incase sleeve.

4. eluk macrumors 6502a

eluk

I have a STM large convertible which I've found very good although I've yet to use it in backpack mode.

5. Lord Flashheart macrumors regular

Lord Flashheart

I have 2 messanger bags that I love. A chrome bag. www.chromebags.com

and a Timbuk 2 bag www.timbuk2.com

Both are great and can take abuse yet are fashionable. Just get a sleeve with them.

6. Zoomaster macrumors newbie

I am too planning to Buy a macbook as soon as santa rosa is out.

Have this Incase Sleeve in mind........ check it out

If you want something Classy, try out Tumi Bagpacks

7. Faraday macrumors member

Have you looked at Crumpler bags ?

I'd suggest you have a look at Crumpler bags. I use one for my Macbook, and my iBooks and Powerbook G4s before that. They are very well made, well thought out, stylish and tough. http://www.crumplerbags.com/

8. bobcan macrumors 6502a

bobcan

MacCase makes some Nice Pieces...

MacCase Premium items seem to be pretty darn decent... I am going to order one when I upgrade my 1st Gen Macbook Pro... I have seen the Leather ones and are really built well and definitely stylish... just not as much storage as Backpack, etc...

Here is the Link to site and Europe Retailers as well...

http://www.mac-case.com/Leather Site/MacCase PL Products.html

http://www.mac-case.com/MacCase Europe.htm

Hope you see something you like, and Hi from Canada!! Bob

9. faintember macrumors 65816

faintember

Don't forget STM Bags. Very good prices, great design and they don't look like you have a laptop in them!

I actually bought the 15" size STM Medium Loft so that I can carry my 15" TiPB or my MB (when inside a STM Rebound case). All that for under $100 US. I'll post a pic when I get back to my apt.

And 2GB of RAM should be fine for your needs.

10. jotadeo macrumors regular

Ooooooo...I like the aussiebag!!!

I'm waiting on a credit card to come through, so I have a day or two before I buy the MBP. I'll hold off buying a bag right away and I'll see if anybody else has something to offer...right now I'm leaning slightly towards the aussiebag.

However, I like the backpacks with the padding on the straps and the part that makes contact with your back (cf. Targus Sport Deluxe. Also, I like the Timbuk2 messenger bags, but I'm not sure I'd like the strap going across my chest (same goes for sling packs). The $110 price tag isn't very attractive either, especially after spending 2Gs on the machine. I do ride my bike a lot and backpacks make my back sweat like [insert name of something/somebody that sweats a lot with indefinite article, if needed].

Speaking of backpacks, what do you guys think about this Burton backpack (does anyone know anything about it...quality, comfort, etc?):
    http://www.backcountryoutlet.com/outlet/BUR1108/Burton-Switch-Pack-28L.html?id=Va98oQVF

Oh, so many decisions. I thought this part would be easy after going back and forth so much between the MB and the MBP.

Well, thanks for the suggestions and keep 'em coming!!!
    jdo

p.s. I just found this extensive list right here on our own MR. Silly us for not looking before!!!

11. Lord Flashheart macrumors regular

Lord Flashheart

12. IFBrock macrumors newbie

13. justflie macrumors 6502a

justflie

Don't forget about Booq Bags! Stylish and rugged. I plan on getting an MBP this summer along with the Python XM system. :)

14. jotadeo macrumors regular

...what about this one --> High Sierra Swerve. In general, Ebags seems to have a pretty good selection with decent prices, ne?
    jdo

15. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

That's nearly a carbon copy of Bitolithic also from Australia but went out of business... odd.

[​IMG]

16. SWC macrumors 6502

It's the same people, the people at bitolithic that made it split off and started aussie bags. I had a bitolithic with my MB and now have the aussiebag with my MBP.

17. deadpixels macrumors 6502a

deadpixels

Brenthaven are great with great protection, you'll find the link in the list.

18. jotadeo macrumors regular

Decided (mostly)

I think I'm going to just go ahead and get teh aussiebag since I'll prolly end up gettin it anyway. I'll use it with my current bags and then I'll just keep my eye out for that super deal on whatever super duper bag it is that I end up with.

Thanks for the input!
    jdo

p.s. I just may end up becoming a MR member only on my posts on bags alone. (-_^)

19. pederg thread starter macrumors member

thanks guys...

found some that i really liked, but i think im gonna go with a messanger bag from
    http://www.chromebags.com/
    as ill be able to use it for various activities... :p
    thanks for the help..
    Peder