Macbook Bag help

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by NikBar, Jun 14, 2007.

1. NikBar macrumors newbie

hey all

Well i bought a STM glove for my macbook and im not completly satisfied with it, could anyone point me in the right direction of a bag that i could put my Macbook in Along with the glove... I want a carry bag with a strap and no backpacks.

Thanks in advanced

2. ipodrocker macrumors member

ipodrocker

3. shipdestroyer macrumors 6502

If you're using a sleeve, it would probably do fine in any backpack. Or you could get a laptop bag in a slightly larger size to accommodate the added sleeve.

I have a STM Medium Loft bag (made for 15" laptops) and I'm pretty sure a Macbook + sleeve would fit just as well.

4. nnordrum macrumors newbie

Depends on your budget...

if you've got budget to spend, and want a GREAT bag, I'd highly recommend (no affiliation other than extremely satisfied customer/zellot) Tom Bihn bags.

I have an Empire Builder (http://www.tombihn.com/page/001/PROD/300/TB0730) and it's hands down the best bag I've ever had. It's spendy when you deck it out (which you should by adding the Absolute Strap), and you'll need a brain cell (size 1 works great for my 17"), but it's an amazing bag.

I've got at least 5 bags in the basement I never use anymore, and I could easly have gotten another one of these with all the crappy bags I've gotten and never use anymore...

Sorry if this sounds too fanboi to be credible :)

5. Silver-Fox macrumors 65816

Silver-Fox

i brought a techair bag from ebuyer for alot cheaper than the apple site were selling them for, and even if it is for a 15 inch macbook pro, it is still a very good fit and i have dropped it many a times, and with no damaged delt to the macbook great bag, some storage space for papers, cables etc.

basically go with techair, althought it is a little bulky but i dont mind great (Tech Air 3507 Messenger) is the model i have

6. Igantius macrumors 65816

I think in the 'MB accessories' thread, someone posted a Word doc containing a load of different cases... not that the above aren't good suggestions!

I like Crumpler a lot too.