macbook battery 323 cycles 10 months old dying apple want $130 help!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by lilchub101, Jun 25, 2009.

1. lilchub101 macrumors member

Hey guys I have a Macbook for early 2008 I had a bad battery but this macbook WAS owned by my high school so we I came to them after the summer break with a completely dead battery that would not even show up in mac osx they simpley grabed a new macbook and gave the the battery

Now fast fowerd 10 months I am graduated and my school gave me the mac because I'm visually impaired and It will really help me next year in college but my battery

Charge remaining (mAh): 2632
    Fully charged: No
    Charging: No
    Full charge capacity (mAh): 4690
    Health Information:
    Cycle count: 323
    Condition: Good

is only giving me 1 hr to 1.1/2 hour i used to get 4 what can I do is their a way i can prove to apple I have only had this battery 10 months? thanks all
    PS: I have applecare

2. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

The battery has gona past its replacable amount of cycles (300) and now Apple Deem it unworthy of Replacement.

Nothing you can do about it, its not faulty.

3. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Matt hit the nail right on the head.

Sorry bud, you'll have to either buy an Apple battery or take your chances with a cheaper 3rd party unit.

4. Nocturnal22 macrumors 6502

Yup you gotta shell out the bucks its either 1 year or 300 cycles for battery warrenty

5. drewster macrumors member

Use the student discount to reduce the cost of the replacement for the part?

6. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

It's $120 @ Amazon, no shipping no tax (in most states).

With Student Discount, it's $116 from Apple, but you'll have to pay sales tax most likely.