Macbook battery and other problem

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by i0Nic, Jul 28, 2007.

1. i0Nic macrumors 65816

Hey guys,

I have a 12 month old Macbook. Just talking to another macbook owner about our batteries, and using istat pro and coconut I have found that my battery is down from 5200 capacity to 4380 mAh. While fully charged (stays on 99%) it says it's charged 4343 mAh out of 4380, and the battery health/life capacity is down to 85%.

My friends macbook has only had half the load cycles of mine, however his is at 100% health and full 5200 capacity. Also, my other friend's powerbook has had 226 load cycles and is at 98% health, which leads me to believe there is something wrong with my battery.

What can I do to fix this problem? I have always suspected that the battery doesn't last as long as it should.

Also, my macbook seems to be hotter than my friends, the CPU temp is always at around 60-64 while on the icurve, while my friends doesn't get that high unless doing something intensive. I also get some spikes every now and then for no reason, I can hear the fans blasting and the CPU temp reaches around 72 or so.

What can I do about these problems, is there something wrong with my mac?

More info - my mac is plugged in pretty much 80% of the time, dunno if that counts for anything.

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Have you been calibrating it monthly? How many load cycles have you got? Do you have any of those fan speed modifiers installed?