Macbook Battery!? - Apple Again?!?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by MaCamZa, Sep 21, 2010.

1. MaCamZa macrumors 6502

MaCamZa

Right, im need to take my Macbook into my local Apple Store because my battery in my Mac says for it to be Serviced.

However it keeps on going from normal (not saying this message some times), and then another time is just says it needs to be Serviced; 'Service Battery' under the Energy Saver Tab in System Preferences and in the Battery Menu Bar. So how would i go about doing this? I'm still under my 1 year warranty so i believe that i can get them to replace my battery for free as im still under warranty.

Do i have to make a Reservation at the Genius Bar? Or can i just turn up with my Macbook and say i have a problem.

The thing is that the next reservation I can get is not until the 28th in the Store where i live and i kinda need to sooner to be checked and replaced.

So basically, my battery isn't right... and i need it to be replaced! Can i just turn up? It's Urgent!

Any ideas?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You don't need an appointment, but it helps. If you show up without one, you may have a longer wait.

This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions: Apple Notebook Battery FAQ

3. MaCamZa thread starter macrumors 6502

MaCamZa

I mean judging by what you just said; I can basically turn up with my Macbook go to the Genius Bar and ask to get my battery replaced? As simple as that? I would go to the Apple Store as soon as it opens, as i would want to buy an iPhone 4 too.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Yes, if they determine that the battery is defective. They'll likely ask if you've calibrated the battery, so make sure you do that before you go. Instructions in the link I posted.

5. MaCamZa thread starter macrumors 6502

MaCamZa

Just calibrated the battery, but still came up with the message when i turned the Macbook back on. However, i got a bit annoyed that it showed up and restarted the Macbook and now it's gone. But recently, it has kept on showing me the message every so often when i either wake it up from sleep on turn it back on the next morning. It's on and off.

^^ So i would be really annoyed if it doesn't show up when i go to the Genius Bar.

Also, how would they know if it's defected? Is it when it shows the message; 'Service Battery' in the Menu-Bar as it does every so often on mine?

6. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

I believe the Genius Bar has an application/program that can test the battery and determine whether it is defective or not. Also, if you get the "Service Battery" message again before you take it in, take a screenshot of it and show it to them.