Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

will0407

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 20, 2006
I've had my macbook since Friday. Check out the attached image and let me know if you think those readings are a bit dodgy(i.e my battery capacity shouldn't have dropped that much)

cheers.
will

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    81.8 KB · Views: 74

SpaceMagic

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2003
Cardiff, Wales
iGary said:
It's normal.

Unplug it for about ten minutes and charge it again and it will charge right up to 100%

I don't think he's talking about current charge... he's talking about the capacity i.e. 98%.

It's normal. It wont go down any/much more. If you notice a severe drop then contact apple... don't go by what cocoaBattery says, go by the length of time you get from a single charge. Remember to fully discharge and recharge your battery around once a month.

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
SpaceMagic said:
I don't think he's talking about current charge... he's talking about the capacity i.e. 98%.

It's normal. It wont go down any/much more. If you notice a severe drop then contact apple... don't go by what cocoaBattery says, go by the length of time you get from a single charge. Remember to fully discharge and recharge your battery around once a month.

Right - and the link talks about it not charging fully.

One way to get it back up and aleviate any fears of decreased capacity is to discharge it a bit and plug it back in. It almost always goes right back up to 100%. ;)

Some people just like to see t hat 100%. :)

will0407

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 20, 2006
OK, it just seemed a bit alarming that it should drop when I've only had it 3 days- granted it's only 2%, but when you pay over a grand (£!!), you just want to make sure it's all running smoothly!

thanks for swift replies, always nice!

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
will0407 said:
OK, it just seemed a bit alarming that it should drop when I've only had it 3 days- granted it's only 2%, but when you pay over a grand (£!!), you just want to make sure it's all running smoothly!

thanks for swift replies, always nice!

Make sure you fully discharge it once a month - let it discharge until it sleeps, and then plug it in to charge it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.