Macbook battery/charge problem?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Tom2893, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Tom2893 macrumors 6502

Tom2893

my charge cable normally has a light with green saying its charged but it has nothing.. unless i push hard and it shows.. also sometimes my macbook shows fully charged at 86%..? what gives £1000 hardware

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

What year and model is your MBP? Is it the one in your signature? If you're not already doing so, use iStat Pro (free) or iStat Menus ($16) to get accurate readings of battery health and cycles and computer uptime, among many other things. A forum member has posted a copy of iStat Pro that has been "tweaked" to enhance compatibility with Mountain Lion. You can download it here.

See the link for troubleshooting MagSafe adapters at the bottom of the CHARGING section of the following link. The link below should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions. If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend you take the time to read it.

3. snaky69 macrumors 603

That's like saying "I bought a Ferrari, but I keep having timing belt problems every 2000 miles, it shouldn't be happening, it costs $200 000."

Paying more does not mean you'll get something that's free of problems.

If your warranty is still in effect, just take it in, and let Apple take care of it.

4. Tom2893 thread starter macrumors 6502

Tom2893

mid 2012, and thanks for the info ill read it now