MacBook Battery Charging Issue

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Juanbond, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Juanbond macrumors member

Juanbond

Several weeks ago my MacBook was reporting "Not Charging" in the menu bar. Since the battery was old I decided to replace it. Once I did that the new battery would charge, then not charge, charge, then not charge. I read some forums and determined that it could be the adapter. I then went and got a brand new adapter. I am still having the same problem. Here is a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXC3f-iIH7k

The battery cycle count is <10 and the battery health is "normal."

Any ideas what could be causing the problem or how to fix it? (I am hoping the issue is not the logic board since the cost of replacement exceeds the value of the Macbook)

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Read the following link, especially the sections on CALIBRATION and CHARGING. This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions:

3. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

Funny, something like that happened to me today. Was charging my macbook while watching a movie, then I unplugged my charger from the wall and I up my macbook in my room while I was surfing the net for like 30 minutes. Next thing I know, when I charge it, it won't charge. No green light or anything. I really don't wanna take it to an apple store becuase its a 2 hour drive. And I don't feel like sending it in because I use it as my main computer. I read other forums and they said that the magsafe adaptor might be dirty but I checked and it doesn't look like there is anything wrong with it. Here are some pics of the adaptor plugged in and the inside of the adaptor:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

Nevermind, fixed the problem myself. Found out all the outlets in my room have gone bad. :eek: