Macbook battery connector screws

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by frog3r, Nov 20, 2007.

1. frog3r macrumors newbie

Has anyone had a problem unscrewing the battery connector? I did a full exchange of part for my macbook because it had a terrible accident. Anyways, I am trying to replace the battery conector that came with the lower case cause It wont fit my logicboard but I cant unscrew the one that I left on the older lower case. Does anyone know if it come soldered or something? I am driving nuts here! two weeks with out the replacement parts and 10 hours working assembling it again. HEEELP.

The one that doesnt work its I think from al older model, it has all the pins.
    The one I need doesnt have the 4th pins from right to left.
    I bought my macbook 3 months ago... BAD LUCK

2. frog3r thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok I think I did something wrong

I tried removing the pins from the new connector and connecting it but the laptop started looping in a sleep, on, cycle.

I managed to remove the connector from the old bottom case and installed it into the new one. Now the computer does not recognize the battery. Im stuck. I think I fried something, do you know what I fried?
    When I disconnect and re-connect the battery the laptop tries to identify the battery, but it gets stuck at that.