Macbook Battery damage- connector or battery?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by abenj86, Jul 14, 2008.

  1. abenj86 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jul 14, 2008
    #1
    Yesterday my dog jumped on me and my drink spilled on the corner of my macbook! I cleaned it up quickly and turned it upside down and all that and it seemed to work fine for the rest of the night. Today however there is an X over the battery icon and it will not run without being plugged in. The drink spilled in the corner right over the battery connector which makes me think it might be damaged. Could the whole battery be damaged or is it probably the connector? Is there any way to tell?
    This is not a software or update issue. I've restarted and updated everything, it is physical damage. And I do not have a warranty and I do not live near an apple store so I can't just take it in and have another battery tested in it.
    Any Ideas? Thanks
     
  2. chscag macrumors 68000

    Joined:
    Feb 17, 2008
    Location:
    Fort Worth, Texas
    #2
    Remove the battery from your MacBook and wipe it dry. Make sure the contacts in the battery compartment are dry. Also leave the cover open with the battery removed and let everything in and around the compartment dry out. After you've made sure everything is dry, put the battery back in and see if it works OK. If not, you may need a new battery.

    Regards.
     
  3. abenj86 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jul 14, 2008
    #3
    response

    Nothing in the battery compartment is wet. Very little liquid made it into the computer and I checked everything thoroughly the night it happened. The battery will still at times light up which is why I thought it might be the battery connector. Im just trying to figure out which one it is so I don't buy a $100 battery when all I may need is a $10 dollar connector.
     

Share This Page