MacBook Battery Door Loose - Replacement

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by pellets007, Apr 17, 2009.

1. pellets007 macrumors 6502a

pellets007

I understand others have this issues as well. Has anyone had the problem resolved when they received a new door? I'm currently on hold for the processing of an order for this door.

2. Jamesl94 macrumors regular

Hi,

I had the same problem,

I went back to the Apple Store and they told me they had made changes to the cover and they gave me a brand new computer and 20% discount on my next purchase with them.
    :D:apple:

3. pellets007 thread starter macrumors 6502a

pellets007

Mine isn't that severe though. If I went to an Apple Store, I'm certain that I would be sent out.:rolleyes:

4. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

Just get Apple Care to send you a new one. It should definitely help.
    Mine still makes some noise when i set the laptop down on a table, but I'm not worried about it... not a big deal.

5. Jamesl94 macrumors regular

On the old one I had before i replaced it, you you only just see that it came up about 1mm and they swapped it straight away.

6. pellets007 thread starter macrumors 6502a

pellets007

That's comforting.:) This is my third MacBook, if I go in there I'm sure that they'll think I'm a MacBook hypochondriac. But if the replacement doesn't fix it or makes it worse I might consider going in.

7. Jamesl94 macrumors regular

Haha. I made them get out 3 different brand new laptops in the store as I wanted a PERFECT one, and I got one, and a 20% discount on my next purchase :D

8. Sareth macrumors member

a *tap* noise when you set it down on the right hand side (as you face it) ?

9. pellets007 thread starter macrumors 6502a

pellets007

It was in the middle on the back side. Now with the replacement it's on the far left side in the back. I had to put tape on the inside to keep it from clicking; it would drive me insane. On the phone with Apple now. First debris under the screen, now battery door issues. I'm regretting buying a Mac.:(

10. pellets007 thread starter macrumors 6502a

pellets007

Sending it in soon. He mentioned backing up my HDD, which I told him that I didn't have an external device to back up to. I then told him that this was my third replacement MacBook. He came back on the phone from Customer Relations and said that they were sending me a 500GB HDD free of charge!:D