Macbook Battery Expanding

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by leftywamumonkey, Dec 26, 2010.

1. leftywamumonkey macrumors 6502a

leftywamumonkey

Hello, I have only posted a few times on this forum site so I'll make it quick. I'm not sure if anyone has posted anything about this problem but here it goes.

I have the white Macbook from early 2008. I have used it as a stationary desktop with external peripherals. The problem I noticed is that the battery started expanding past the bottom base and is making my Macbook rock.

I have Apple Care until August 2011, will they replace my battery or repair it, or is it out-of-date and not in production anymore?

Has anyone had this problem?

I can't take it to the Apple store and have it shipped away since this is my only computer at the moment and I need it for school and such. I'm going to purchase the new iMac when they come out, hopefully they will come out in Feb or March. I will be able to send it out for repair. I was just wondering if I could receive information from the community here regard the Macbook. I was planning on selling the Macbook after having it repaired and buying the base model Macbook Pro when that also comes out.

2. leftywamumonkey thread starter macrumors 6502a

leftywamumonkey

I'm sorry I didn't search earlier. Thank you very much for your help. I will be searching through the forums.

3. Quad5Ny macrumors 6502a

Quad5Ny

Take the battery out right away, that's a really bad fire hazard.

4. Deamos macrumors member

I had the same issue and did not have apple care. If you give up a phone call to Apple Public relations and explain the situation they will tell you to take the battery to the nearest apple store and have them examine the battery. I went in this morning, just me and my bloated battery, and got my 2 year old battery swapped out for a brand new one. As long as the battery is still considered "operational" but defective (bloating) then they shouldn't have an issue with it.

5. ZebOfMac macrumors regular

ZebOfMac