macbook battery fail

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by comda, Oct 8, 2014.

1. comda macrumors 6502a

comda

i Purchased a new battery from apple for my macbook 3,1 and last night i used it to 80% then because i needed the battery for later i plugged in the wall adapter. Later i notice on istat the battery health dropped from 100% to 98%. I used the abttery the rest of the day and charged it up now i have 92% battery. using Coconutbattery im told this battery sat in the store for about 250 days because it was made in January 2014. How can i get my health back up to 100 like last night? or should i bring it in to apple right away?

Attached Files:

2. illusionx macrumors 6502

It is still considered a healthy battery. Use it a couple cycles and it should stay around 92%.

24 cycles in a year is very little and consider putting a few more cycles to it in a year. You should not see it drop below 80% by the time the battery reaches 3-4 years old.

3. comda thread starter macrumors 6502a

comda

No its not 24 cycles in a year.. I bought the battery the week before school started. Therefore im concerned why its already loosing health.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Your battery is fine. You can't restore battery health to 100%. It is perfectly normal if your battery health (maximum capacity) is more or less than 100%, even when brand new, or if it fluctuates up or down over time. The gradual decline is not in a straight line downward, and it may decline more rapidly at some times and slower at others. For further details, read the CHECKING STATUS AND HEALTH section of the following link.
    The link below should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions. If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend you take the time to read it.

5. comda thread starter macrumors 6502a

comda

well that sucks. It was 100% for the past month that ive used it 4 times a week...

6. illusionx, Oct 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2014

illusionx macrumors 6502

Realized you just bought the battery. Either way, your battery is fine.

These are informations that apple doesn't show but able to display via 3rd party app. There is a reason behind this.

I have bought a brand new macbook with only 98% health on the battery... It's mind **** but batteries are not perfect. Never.

7. comda thread starter macrumors 6502a

comda

Thanks Guys. Its odd. As i used the laptop in my last few classes the percentage fluctuated up and down between 92-96% and today on a new charge it now shows 100% health heehee. batteries are weird i guess.

8. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

As stated earlier: