macbook battery failures...

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by barooo, Jan 13, 2009.

1. barooo macrumors newbie

My wife has a rev2 macbook (white) and it has now eaten 4 batteries.

The first one was shortly after it was purchased, and just after my rev1 macbook needed a new battery (and that's the only one mine has needed). We figured that one was probably just the bad batch of batteries. It then needed a second one about 6 months later, a 3rd one about 8 months after that, and now a 4th one 2-3 months later. Applecare support had us take it in to the genius bar instead of just sending us another battery so they could investigate further, and they decided that this one really was a dead battery and that it was different symptoms (recognized, not charging, full charge capacity of 0, vs. just not recognized) which pointed to a truly faulty battery and only 23 charge cycles.

The genius said that he put extensive notes in our file basically saying that the computer had been in for repeated battery issues, so if it happens again they'll be more aggressive, although I don't know what that means.

Anyone else had this? How pushy should I be if it does happen again?

2. Solemony macrumors 6502

Solemony

If it continues to happen they'll very likely to give you a MB as it is not your fault that causes the battery to die. It's only an assumption..It's likely that maybe the MB is also at fault..

I have never had a problem before but hope yours will get it fixed :).