Macbook Battery Fluctuated in a good way.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by outasflyguy, Nov 27, 2008.

1. outasflyguy macrumors newbie

Okay, I just had a weird experience with my macbook battery. I was using a True Power (Fastmac) battery until it stopped working properly and so I sent it back to get a replacement. So I was forced to use my OEM battery that I bought the macbook with originally. The battery has 222 cycles and only lasted for about 1 hour on average. The health was about 42%. After one day of using the battery the battery health went all the way back to 84% and now my battery life is about 3:30 hours when charged. The battery never lasted this long before i got my True Power battery (the reason I replaced it in the first place). Has this ever happened to anyone else? I mean, I didn't use the battery for about 5 months, started using it again, and the battery life goes up by 2 1/2 hours??? That's almost unbelievable! I used coconut battery to check the capacity of the battery when it was at 42% and the battery capacity was around 2000mah and now at 84% the battery capacity is at 4200mah. This is the coolest weird thing that has happened to my macbook. Any thoughts on why this may be so?

2. sporadicMotion macrumors 65816

sporadicMotion

Are you going by actually measuring the time by an outside source or just by what os x tells you at in the menu? To really tell what kind of life the battery has, do a battery calibration and see what happens. If it still has that 84% life, then fantastic! If not, then it will just be an issue of the battery not really knowing how much of a charge it's holding.