Macbook Battery Health

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ad0rkk, Jan 8, 2008.

1. ad0rkk macrumors newbie

I've had my macbook for a couple months now (since the beginning of september?) and I've totally loved it. I'm the type of person who likes to nearly drain her battery completely, then recharge it to the max. My laptop is now at 99 cycles, and today i just saw the battery health go from 100% (4100 mAh) to 68% (3463 mAh). Previously, it had only gone down once, to 92%, but it went back up after another cycle. Should i be worrying right now?

2. aquajet macrumors 68020

Contact Apple. With those numbers, you should be eligible for a replacement battery. I had my battery replaced. Health was at 69% with over 200 cycles.

3. ad0rkk thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Benjy123 macrumors newbie

Somebody please tell me this is ok i have a macbook charged for 222 cycles and the battery health is 11% is this normal i have had it for 1 year i use it every day running on the adaptor sometimes on battery

5. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

No, that isn't normal. Your battery doesn't last long at all then I'm guessing?

6. yojitani macrumors 68000

yojitani

It's not ok... that is bad. call apple... in addition to getting an upgraded optical drive, the repair place somehow managed to bump up my battery health from a miserable 57% (164 cycles) to 84%. Actually, my health was at 79% about three weeks ago. One of the reasons I sent it in was because I'd lost 20% in such a short period of time... Moral: call apple and get it fixed.