Macbook battery health

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by jjk454ss, Feb 14, 2010.

1. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

I have a 13" Macbook, its 14 months old. It seems like my battery is screwed up lately. I never really paid close attention to the battery, but lately I will plug it in and the battery icon will say "not charging." I can leave it and it will start charging, or unplug it and see if it starts, but kind of annoying. Also, it seems like I only get a couple hrs of life just surfing the web, and I will often come back after leaving my macbook in sleep mode and the battery will be very low, almost dead. And now I set the battery meter to display time left, its at 25% and it tells me 7:33 till its charged.

Under System Profiler:
    Full charge capacity: 4010
    Cycle count: 203
    Condition: Normal

Does it sound like a bad battery, or am I just going crazy now that I am paying closer attention to it?

2. kernkraft macrumors 68020

kernkraft

I've had problems with those batteries. Have you got AppleCare or are you just out of warranty and without any Apple help?

Just in case, I wouldn't get rid of it... if there will be a class action against Apple... You never know...

I always leave my batteries completely deplete once in every months. Apple recommends 5 hours, I think but I just leave them empty overnight. I even used to take them out until the latest non-removable batteries. They prolong the life expectancy. In my white MacBook, almost two years later the battery was at the same capacity as when it was a few months old.