Macbook battery help

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ewur, Jan 9, 2010.

1. ewur macrumors newbie

I just purchased my first macbook two days ago so this might be a stupid question...I calibrated my battery after the first day of using my macbook which was last night..after that i downloaded coconutbattery and it says that my current battery capacity is 95%..Since Im new to mac i dont know if this is normal but it seems kinda crazy that i already lost 5% of my battery capacity after two days...ive been reading other posts and people are saying how they have had over 150 load cycles and they are at mid 90% capacity..I just want to know if this is normal or should i be worrying about this..a little info: this is a brand new macbook and its had two load cycles.

2. DavieBoy macrumors 6502

DavieBoy

I dont think coconut battery is all that accurate. I usually look at System Profiler. Click about this mac and them more info, then I think power on the left.

3. ewur thread starter macrumors newbie

ok so i did what you said and its pretty much saying the same thing as coconut battery..is it normal to lose 5% right away.. im just worried because ive read a bunch of posts about how peoples battery is at 100% after a year...thats why im worried

4. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Every battery is different, and as long as you are above 80% capacity before you hit 1000 cycles you won't be able to get a replacement anyways. Just don't worry about it.

5. ewur thread starter macrumors newbie

6. CrzyCanuck72 macrumors 6502a

coconut battery pulls this exact info and just presents it in a pretty UI. It's the same thing.

7. razorboy1969 macrumors newbie

razorboy1969

Hi there. My 09 mbp purchased last November also showed 95% after initial calibration, but it slowly went up to about 97% in a few days' time. Now it's pegged at 96% after 8 cycles from 5450 to 5260 mAh. Don't worry too much about it. Just enjoy your new shiny mbp. :)