Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

amenze

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 26, 2008
London
The battery indicator in the top right of my screen which tells you how much battery you have remaining has stopped updating itself. So if i take the power cable off it still says its charging or if i plug it in, it still says on battery power.

This does change if i click on it and change the view type to either percentage or time, but its really starting to annoy me.

Im on a black Macbook 2.16 ghz, 160 gb hdd and 1gb of ram if that helps.

any help appreciated

shady825

macrumors 68000
Oct 8, 2008
Area 51
The battery indicator in the top right of my screen which tells you how much battery you have remaining has stopped updating itself. So if i take the power cable off it still says its charging or if i plug it in, it still says on battery power.

This does change if i click on it and change the view type to either percentage or time, but its really starting to annoy me.

Im on a black Macbook 2.16 ghz, 160 gb hdd and 1gb of ram if that helps.

any help appreciated

Have you tried restarting?? Im not sure what else it could be.

amenze

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 26, 2008
London
yeh, i've tried restarting but it still carrys on. I presume its a software problem as my battery health is 100%, but i spose it could be something to do with the connection on the magsafe.

Also a few times recently i have connected the charger and the light hasnt come on but it says on mains power but not charging????

maybe i'll take it to a "genius" if it persists.

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
yeh, i've tried restarting but it still carrys on. I presume its a software problem as my battery health is 100%, but i spose it could be something to do with the connection on the magsafe.

Also a few times recently i have connected the charger and the light hasnt come on but it says on mains power but not charging????

maybe i'll take it to a "genius" if it persists.

Just cal Apple they might be able to trouble shoot it over the phone... :confused:

eneisch

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2008
Sounds more like a magsafe thing to me almost like the macbook is not sensing the connection properly. Do you know someone else with a macbook that uses the same magsafe power supply? Maybe you could see if itr happens with theirs. Otherwise I would make a genius appointment. If it is the magsafe and your still under warranty they should replace it on the spot.

Good Luck!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.