Macbook Battery Indicator Problem

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by amenze, Nov 26, 2008.

1. amenze macrumors newbie

The battery indicator in the top right of my screen which tells you how much battery you have remaining has stopped updating itself. So if i take the power cable off it still says its charging or if i plug it in, it still says on battery power.

This does change if i click on it and change the view type to either percentage or time, but its really starting to annoy me.

Im on a black Macbook 2.16 ghz, 160 gb hdd and 1gb of ram if that helps.

any help appreciated

2. shady825 macrumors 68000

shady825

Have you tried restarting?? Im not sure what else it could be.

3. amenze thread starter macrumors newbie

yeh, i've tried restarting but it still carrys on. I presume its a software problem as my battery health is 100%, but i spose it could be something to do with the connection on the magsafe.

Also a few times recently i have connected the charger and the light hasnt come on but it says on mains power but not charging????

maybe i'll take it to a "genius" if it persists.

4. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

Just cal Apple they might be able to trouble shoot it over the phone... :confused:

5. eneisch macrumors 6502

Sounds more like a magsafe thing to me almost like the macbook is not sensing the connection properly. Do you know someone else with a macbook that uses the same magsafe power supply? Maybe you could see if itr happens with theirs. Otherwise I would make a genius appointment. If it is the magsafe and your still under warranty they should replace it on the spot.

Good Luck!