Macbook Battery Life Problems

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by cabarry374, Aug 31, 2010.

1. cabarry374 macrumors newbie

Macbook Pro 17 Inch 4GB Ram 2.8 GHz 500GB HD

When I first got the Laptop, the battery life was never less than 7 hours at a full charge, even when I had my usual combination of Photoshop (Then CS4), Safari, and iTunes and had about 13800 mAh Full Charge Capacity. Without anything running, I could have the battery life be over 9 hours, once in a blue moon, 10 hours. Around the 150th Cycle it dropped sharply, all at once, and has not changed since to 12200ish mAh range and is never above 6 hours and is only there when on a full charge and not running anything beyond Finder, otherwise it is rarely above 4 and a half hours. Apple couldn't explain it and refused to replace the battery. Does anyone know what could be causing the lack of battery life? The drop in the mAh can't account for the amount of battery life lost, I've looked into it. Also, I've reset the battery a few times, and only made it worse. I don't seem to have anything running in the background that could be doing this (at most my background programs use 8% of my processor).

Battery Information:

Charge remaining (mAh): 10701
    Fully charged: No
    Charging: No
    Full charge capacity (mAh): 12180
    Health Information:
    Cycle count: 303
    Condition: Normal
    Battery Installed: Yes
    Amperage (mA): -2461
    Voltage (mV): 7977

2. snaky69 macrumors 603

Sounds like normal behavior for a battery with over 300 cycles. No reason for apple to replace it.

3. MacModMachine macrumors 68020

MacModMachine

unless it dips below 80% , which your not there yet will they replace it , it also has to have less then 1000 charge cycles.

if its getting worse fast, it will be replaced.

4. cabarry374 thread starter macrumors newbie

*sigh*

That would be a viable response if I hadn't said that this happened over 150 cycles ago. I understand if thats how it would have been by now, but it still didn't make any sense then.

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios