MacBook Battery Life Timer App

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lyew, Apr 3, 2009.

1. lyew macrumors newbie

I'm trying to keep track of how much time I get out of each battery charge for my MacBook. Now, everyone knows that the time remaining info next to the battery icon is never reliable, since it displays how much time remaining if the computer is doing the exact tasks at that very moment. So that changes sporadically when the computer is on.

It'd be really good if there were an app out there that one could reset the moment the battery has been fully recharged and then is activated when the battery is used for the first time after recharging. And every time the mac is on battery the timer runs incrementally. I've just discovered CoconutBattery but it doesn't seem to do that. Does anyone know of if an app like this is indeed available?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

I don't know of an app that does this, but just from a scientific standpoint you'd want to get an external timer (something not on the computer) as the timing program will affect your battery life itself. It's probably only a difference of minutes, but if you want to be academic about it...