Macbook battery life

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by MiguelSantana, Dec 29, 2010.

1. MiguelSantana macrumors newbie

Hello
    I have just bought a MacBook. I have downloaded the Battery Health Monitor and it says obviously that my current capacity is at 100%, with 5,791 mAh. I would like to know how many hours does this value correspond to, because it has certainly not been the highly announced 10 hours battery life...

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

3. ZebOfMac macrumors regular

ZebOfMac

All depends on the user settings of the macbook.

You should be seeing about 5 - 6 hours for the average settings on battery power alone. Using the Optical Drive will decrease the power faster.

4. MiguelSantana thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you very much for your answers.

I have already calibrated the battery and the battery health monitor says it is 100%. Unfortunately it does not have 10 hours, as announced by Apple... Or at least mine doesn't. It does have 6 hours, maximum.

5. Blondie :) macrumors 6502a

Blondie :)

What kind of programs are you running? Because that will have a great impact on your battery life. You'd be surprised at what apple does in order to make the claims they do. Such as lowering brightness a lot, turning wireless and bluetooth off, and only running one application (usually a word processor). So yeah, that's probably how they got to ten hours. Six hours is honestly pretty good if it's under a bit of a load

6. applefanDrew macrumors 65816

Turn screen brightness down. It affects battery a lot. I keep mine on 1-2 bars and can get 8-9 hours while browsing.

7. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Did you read the Battery FAQ I posted a link to? The "BATTERY LIFE FROM A CHARGE" section addresses your concern.