Macbook Battery life?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by JasonMac, Jul 3, 2008.

1. JasonMac macrumors regular

JasonMac

How many macbook owners have replaced their battery yet? If you have replaced it, how long did you macbook run on the original?

2. Fonzijr1964 macrumors 68000

Fonzijr1964

i need a replacement mine runs for like 3 hours

3. southerndoc macrumors 6502a

southerndoc

Going on 6 months with intense use. Usually get about 3-4 hours out of the battery (surfing the web, talking on iChat, emailing, etc.). Usually Safari, iChat, and Mail are all open.

4. Flore macrumors regular

12 months of use intensive use now, I can still get an average of 3,5 hours in normal computing. quite happy.

5. iDAG macrumors 65816

iDAG

Having my MacBook since last Christmas, the battery is still listed at 100% health. :D

6. heatmiser macrumors 68020

Same here. Haven't run through 15 cycles yet on mine, though.

7. ajchapinjr.com macrumors member

Got my MacBook in December, 2006. The battery started to fade over time...naturally. Got a replacement battery in January 2008. I now get ~5 hours with the screen dimmed, and Wifi, Safari, Mail, iChat and iCal running at all times.

8. scotty56 macrumors regular

Bought mine in February. Heavy use every day, still at 100% health.

9. Matek macrumors 6502a

I got mine in December 2006, coconutBattery still reports 100% capacity and I haven't noticed any performance deterioration.

I think your question is quite pointless. Your battery performance can depend on many things. Software like coconutBattery can help you out and you will probably also notice obvious bad performance by yourself. If all of the mentioned indicators are OK, there's no point in getting a new battery, even if most other users did at that point.