Macbook battery life

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by zinibuda, Jan 24, 2009.

1. zinibuda macrumors newbie

I have read a lot of forums and discussions about the Mac battery. The normal life should be around 300 Charges. Mine has already more than 722 and is about 2 years old, but still has 100% life with sometimes dropping to 96%.

Has somebody else exp. this kind of long life of the battery ? How long can a battery actually last ?

Attached Files:

2. dmmcintyre3 macrumors 68020

614 cycles

614 cycles and 78 percent of org life

Attached Files:

3. cerealj macrumors member

That's a sweet background. Do you know where the photo was taken?

4. Solemony macrumors 6502

Solemony

It looks fine to me..I'm guessing you are taking care of your MB very well then :).

5. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

Can you tell us how you've treated your battery? Have you kept it plugged in a lot? How do you charge it (full charge, full discharge)?

6. zinibuda thread starter macrumors newbie

There is no special secret.
    I do it usually like that. I charge my battery until the green light, then i leave it charging for another 1-2 hours (because there is still some space on the battery). Then I unplug it and work on battery until it drains to force sleep. After the computer falls sleeping, i plug the AC in, and start all over. Once a week or two weeks I try to plan my work this way, that I leave my Mac in sleep mode overnight, so It drains to zero. That explains the big amount of charging circles.
    Once i had an jump, so the battery health dropped in on night to 34 %, but after recalibration it was 100% again.

7. sheepopo39 macrumors 6502

I've got a macbook life that, though I only unplug mine about once every one - two weeks, yeah coconutBattery says for me at about 140 charges, that I still have 100% full charge