MacBook battery life

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Zillicah, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Zillicah macrumors member

Now the plastic macbooks have a 7 hour battery... I have the aluminum macbook and i'm really pissed right now, and my macbook doesn't even last 5 hours it's more like 2-3hours... ugh..

2. gibbz macrumors 68030

That's the name of the game. If it matched your needs when you bought it, then you don't really have a reason to complain. I too have a unibody MacBook that I purchased about a year ago. Do I wish I had 7 hours of battery life? Yes. But when I bought it, it was good enough for me.

Technology is ever evolving. If you hold out for the latest and greatest, you'll never buy anything.

3. Jason Beck macrumors 68000

Jason Beck

Well said.:D

4. Zillicah thread starter macrumors member

Yea, I know. It's just Apple is moving really fast. It's good and all, but it makes me kinda mad, you know? haha.

5. gibbz macrumors 68030

I know what you mean. When they updated our MacBooks to MacBook Pro, I was trying to justify upgrading, etc. When the iPhone dropped in price back in 2007, I was pissed like everyone. I eventually just thought I'd enjoy what I bought and wait until I needed something better. :)

6. okrelayer macrumors 6502a

I bought the unibody macbook pro 15inch one year ago, and i do wish i had the long battery, and sd card reader. But, i still love this machine. Its perfect in just about any way. miles ahead of anything else out there. Heck the older macbook pro puts just about any laptop out RIGHT NOW to dust.

To make my self feel a little better about missing some of the newer features i am missing on the macbook pro, i will be buying the magic mouse :) haha

7. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

It shouldn't. That's what happens with technology.

8. Zillicah thread starter macrumors member

I'm thinking of selling this macbook when it has one year left of AppleCare so people will still want to buy it and all. By then, Apple will have even better laptops than what they have now :)

9. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

Normally, I'd say to get a spare battery, but they take such a hella long time to charge.

You know, you COULD keep using your macbook until it no longer does what you need it to do, and THEN buy a new one. It's going to cost you a lot of money, time and emotional turmoil to keep up with apple's latest and greatest in this new intel era.

And I'm danged sure NOT going to buy a new design when it first comes out. My old school mac buddy has what he calls the 'first mac commandment': "Thou shalt NOT buy a version A!"

10. ditzy macrumors 68000

ditzy

It doesn't make me mad when apple update. It makes me envious. But the truth is it's always going to happen, and in truth apples upgrade cycle is very fast at all.
    Just remind yourself that the computer that you have still works as well as it did before these updates.

11. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

It was a lot easier in the power pc era. Most people had no trouble saying 'meh' when the announced that the new powerbook went from a 1.33 ghz g4 chip to a 1.5 ghz....

12. acurafan macrumors 6502a

yeah, then another year into the future apple will have EVEN BETTER macbook(s). stop trying to keep with the jones, be happy with what you got.

13. archurban macrumors 6502a

archurban

when company promotes battery life, it is not exactly what they claim. when you take a look at apple macbook site, it is up to 7 hours without using wifi as I guess. normally, you have to expect less than 6 hours. but it is still incredible to me.

14. Zillicah thread starter macrumors member

Oh, I never said I was not happy with what I have. I love this macbook.