MacBook Battery Light

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by theARNSKI, May 28, 2009.

1. theARNSKI macrumors regular

Hello, :apple: enthusiasts x]

I finally got my macbook this past Sunday (right before they released they came out with the ipod promotion :( ) after about a year or two of wanting one. I got, I believe, the previously released white macbook, 2.0 ghz, 2 gbs ram, nvidia 9400m, and whatever else was in it. Needless to say, the switch couldn't have been any more pleasurable that it was and since this forum isn't blocked at work (at least not yet), I'll be here more often than not.

I just had a quick question about the battery indicator light on the underside of the macbook. Is it supposed to be on always or does it stay off and I just press the button to see it?

I did a search yesterday while waiting during jury duty and I didn't find anything specific to this. Thanks ahead of time for any help/replies x]

2. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

It stays off unless you press it during normal operation.

3. theARNSKI thread starter macrumors regular

4. Aldaris macrumors 65816

Aldaris

I think it might stay on if your plugged in and it's charging too. (at least the older G4 powerbooks do, and I believe the Uni's do also.)

5. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

I think my G4 iBook would blink to the point of charge, and then add lights as it went..not too sure though. I haven't checked on my Uni yet.

6. Skeletal-dæmon macrumors 6502

Plastic MacBook battery indicators are lit when charging and slowly increase in number. The currently charging percentile is indicated by the blinking indicator. When the MacBook has completed charge they remain illuminated for up to ten minutes due to final unregistered trickle charging and then go out.

They then remain extinguished until you activate them or being charging the MacBook again.