MacBook battery not charging - UPDATE: Unbelievable Genius Bar Support

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by NDimichino, Aug 19, 2010.

1. NDimichino macrumors 6502a

NDimichino

UPDATE:

Went to Apple Store, they confirmed the battery needed to be replaced, told me it was $130 for a new one. I opted against it (figured I'd grab a cheap one online somewhere for now).

Then, she informed me that the cracked casing on the edge where my right hand rests is a defect and that I could have the whole housing replaced. I said sure, and left my MacBook there for repairs.

Just picked it up about an hour ago, new housing, new keyboard, new trackpad/click button.

...and a brand-spanking new battery on the house.

Call me whatever you'd like, but that would make anyone love Apple.

---------

Hello,

Left my MacBook at home during a vacation and forgot to completely power down. It was closed and when i got back it was dead. Didn't think it was a big deal, it has happened before.

I plugged in my MacBook, turned it on, and begin doing what i needed to do. I noticed after about a half hour my battery symbol was still showing 0% with the full charge symbol. I unplugged the power cord and it immediately turned off again--completely dead.

Plugged it back in, turned it on and it was fine, but still not charging. The light on my connector is green as well (signaling a full charge). Left it plugged in for about an hour after that with the top closed and still no charge.

I am baffled by this, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

2. eman macrumors 6502a

This has been known to completely kill the battery. If you have a warranty, you should use it. If you don't have a warranty, go to greedbay (ebay) and order a third party battery for $32 shipped (cheaper than Apple's price). Try this ebay seller for a macbook battery.

3. NDimichino thread starter macrumors 6502a

NDimichino

4. mosx macrumors 65816

You got lucky. My batter is swollen. A fire hazard. I got fed a lie about how batteries only swell when they're depleted.

5. iDisk macrumors 6502a

iDisk

Cool Story Bro:cool: