Macbook Battery...PLZ HELP! :(

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by MaCamZa, Sep 20, 2010.

1. MaCamZa macrumors 6502

MaCamZa

Hey guys, i have a late 2009 Macbook Unibody White, and just recently it started giving me these messages in the battery menu bar. I haven't noticed any notably difference in my machine, but im just worried about this message.

I followed up with this message and started doing health checks, ect. And as you see from the images below it says my health is it 75% is that good? I really don't know and that's why I need your help!

(First picture showing what the problem says, Second picture is the message inside Apple's Menu-Bar Widget for the Battery, the Third Picture is the message inside a Menu-Bar App called 'Watts', Fourth is my Macbook's Battery information from the App 'Watts' and lastly the Fifth picture is more Information from the App 'coconutBattery').

Please tell me what to do! I'm really worried! :confused:

Attached Files:

2. celticpride678

Service battery means that Apple will replace the battery free of charge (if you're still under warranty). Just bring it into the Apple Store and see what they have to say.

Service Battery usually means that there is some sort of defect with the battery.

3. MaCamZa thread starter macrumors 6502

MaCamZa

Ok... so hows longs a warranty? Is it a year? If so, could i get it free of charge as from the last pic that i uploaded it says that my Macbook is 9months ok=ld from the 'coconutBattery' app.

4. celticpride678

coconutBattery calculates the Mac age by looking at when the battery was manufactured, not the actual age of the computer.

Apple has a 1-year limited warranty that begins from the day you purchase the computer. If it's within that year, then the battery will be replaced free of charge.