Macbook battery purchase

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by AE50P, Jul 26, 2010.

1. AE50P macrumors newbie

AE50P

I[m looking to buy a new battery for my Macbook and I was wondering if the one i found on ebay was legit or not: the link for it is here

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Laptop-Batt...wItem&pt=Laptop_Batteries&hash=item3f01cc4937

This one is about a third of the price of the one I could get through my College's bookstore so I'd rather get the one off ebay, I just need to make sure that it a)works at all and b) has a longer life than the one I have now, I'm looking for 3+ hours running low settings minimum backlight, etc. Thanks in advance

2. Blondie :) macrumors 6502a

Blondie :)

It seems to be a legit battery, but I dunno how much I would trust it without it mentioning on the page somewhere about how long the battery actually lasts. Of course, I could have just missed it from skimming over the page, but that's my opinion.

3. Xenophon macrumors regular

Except that it's not an Apple brand name battery it doesn't look bad and it's not expensive. Just make sure that if you ever have to go to Apple, you switch the battery back to the genuine thing, else they might decline cover, even if the problem has nothing to do with the battery.

Just try it out and if it's not good, return to sender.